Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Dress
Designer: Bohan, MarcCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Bohan, Mark (b. Paris, France, 1926, head designer at House of Dior 1960-1989)
Designer: House of DiorCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: House of Dior, founded 1947 by Christian Dior. After 1958, various designers acted as head designers, including Marc Bohan (1960-1989).
Donor: Neiman-MarcusContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Neiman-Marcus Co. (USA) (est. 1907 in Dallas, Texas, USA, by Herbert Marcus, Carrie Marcus-Neiman, and Al Neiman)
- Creation: 1978
- No Language
- Content Description: Dress of black cotton net embroidered with red, white, tan, brown, green and gold floral designs. Gathered scooped neckline interlaced with narrow, pale green silk grosgrain ribbon and scalloped and embroidered organdy ruffling, which is also used at wrist, waist, hip line and hem. Gathered ankle-length skirt. Left side zipper with hook & eye on lining and snaps on outer net layer. Skirt has additional under layer of black net. Bodice and skirt lined with silk chiffon; black grosgrain ribbon petersham with hook & eye at waist. Designer's label at center back waist: "Christian Dior / Paris / Made In France / Printemps-Ete 1978" and stamped "0I0052" Label attached at base of designer's label: "Made In France" Neiman Marcus size and content label attached at bottom of previous two labels.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Dresses (Garments)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Embroidery (Visual Works)
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1978
- Place Name: France - Île-de-France Region - Département de Ville de Paris - Paris
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1980.004.009
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc503757