Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Pumps
Designer: Johansen ShoesCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Johansen Shoes (est. USA, 1876)
Donor: Watson, Mrs. CarlContributor Type: Personal
Retailer: Drnest Grissom'sContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Ernest Grissom's (Abilene, Texas, USA) est. 1928 or 1930 by Ernest and Hardy Grissom, sold 1976.
- Creation: 1937
- No Language
- Content Description: Pumps of white suede and black leather segments. The shoes of white suede are designed with a slightly pointed toe, open at front with a small inverted "V" shape, the front of the toe-box overlaid with a black leather trim. The instep with black narrow leather lace-up details and bow. Wedge heel of white suede with black leather horizontal bands. Designer's stamp inside left shoe: "by Johansen / Smartest Since 1876" Retailer's stamp inside right shoe: "Ernest Grissom's / Abilene"
- Physical Description: Measurements: L:23 cm W: 7 cm H: 14.5 cm Heel: 7.5 cm / 3 in.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Shoes (Footwear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Pumps (Shoes)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Shoes
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1937
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Taylor County - Abilene
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1970.042.002
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc503749
- Display Note: This object was part of the Dallas Museum of Fashion collection. Founded in 1960 by the Fashion Group, Inc. of Dallas, the collection comprised important items of historic and current fashion. It was housed in the Apparel Mart, Dallas, and operated as the Dallas Museum of Fashion from 1960 until 1971. It moved to what was then North Texas State University in 1972, and became the Texas Fashion Collection.