A User's Guide for RAPID, Reduction Algorithms for the Presentation of Incremental Fire Data Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title A User's Guide for RAPID, Reduction Algorithms for the Presentation of Incremental Fire Data
- Series Title NBS special publication
- Added Title National Bureau of Standards Special Publication 722
- Series Title National Bureau of Standards Reports
Author: Breese, J. NewtonCreator Type: Personal
Author: Peacock, Richard D.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: Center for Fire Research (U.S.)Contributor Type: Organization
Originator: United States. National Bureau of Standards.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: United States. Government Printing Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C
- Creation: 1986-08
- Content Description: Abstract: The Voluminous amount of data than can be collected by automatic data acquisition systems during large scale fire tests requires the use of a digital computer for the reduction of data. RAPID is a stand-alone program specifically designed to convert raw instrument voltages collected during such tests into meaningful units. The reduced data can also be used alone or in combinations to obtain quantities that require more than minimal data reduction. The program is written with the ability to accept data from a user defined data acquisition system, with the ability to check the correctness of data included. Through the use of input data provided by the user, the data can be converted into meaningful scientific units. The data can then be presented in tabular or printer plot form, or stored for further processing. This user's guide provides detailed instructions for the use of the program.
- Physical Description: 188 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: RAPID.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Data reduction.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Fires -- Mathematical models.
- Item is a Primary Source
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 918901090
- Report No.: NBS SP 722
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc502657
- Display Note: Digitized from microfiche (3).