Evaluating Thermal Fire Detection Systems: SI Units Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Evaluating Thermal Fire Detection Systems: SI Units
- Series Title NBS special publication
- Added Title National Bureau of Standards Special Publication 713
- Series Title National Bureau of Standards Reports
Author: Stroup, David W.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Evans, David D.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Martin, PhyllisCreator Type: Personal
Originator: Center for Fire Research (U.S.)Contributor Type: Organization
Originator: United States. National Bureau of Standards.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: United States. Government Printing Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C
- Creation: 1986-04
- Content Description: Abstract: This report presents a methodology for evaluating heat detection systems installed in buildings. Previous work for use primarily in designing new thermal fire detection systems was used as a starting point. The previous work was enhanced and supplemented to make it more useful for evaluating existing systems. The resulting equations were programmed into a user interactive computer program.' This program is available in both BASIC and FORTRAN and will run on mainframe as well as personal computers. In addition, a modified version of the FORTRAN program was used to develop an extensive set of tables listing: detector activation times for given building geometries, detector characteristics, and fire growth rates. These tables are useful for quick evaluation of alternative heat detector installations. Finally, practical examples are included to illustrate the use of the tables and computer programs.
- Physical Description: 549 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Fire alarms.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Fire detectors.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Fire sprinklers.
- Item is a Primary Source
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 918900705
- Report No.: NBS SP 713
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc502650
- Display Note: Digitized from microfiche (12).