Cryogenic Fluids Density Reference System: Provisional Accuracy Statement (1980) Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Cryogenic Fluids Density Reference System: Provisional Accuracy Statement (1980)
- Series Title NBS technical note
- Series Title National Bureau of Standards Reports
- Added Title National Bureau of Standards Technical Note 1041
Author: Siegwarth, J. D.Creator Type: Personal
Author: LaBrecque, J. F.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: Gas Research InstituteContributor Type: Organization
Originator: United States. National Bureau of Standards.Contributor Type: Organization
Originator: Center for Continuous Process Technology (U.S.). Thermophysical Properties Division.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: United States. Government Printing Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C
- Creation: 1981-04
- Content Description: Abstract: The improved Density Reference System, the reference densimeter, and the method of determining sample density are described. The uncertainty of the density reference system is + 0.055%. The contribution from the estimated systema -ic error in density was + 0.022%. The estimated uncertainty caused by random error is three times the standard deviation of 0.011% and is based on sixty-three measurements of the densities of saturated liquid methane. The total density uncertainty is taken to be the sum of the systematic and random errors. This applies to the density range of 400 to 480 kg/m at pressures from 0.8 to 4 bar absolute and temperatures between 109 and 128 K. This accuracy statement is expected to apply over ranges of at least 400 to 1000 kg/m3 in density, 77 to 300 K in temperature, and 0.8 to 7 bar in pressure though the accuracy over these ranges has not been verified.
- Physical Description: 52 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Keyword: fluids
- Keyword: low temperatures
- Keyword: specific gravity
- Item is a Primary Source
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 917610658
- Report No.: NBS Technical Note 1041
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc502552
- Display Note: Digitized from microfiche (1).