Estimated Manufacturing Costs for the Recovery of Thorium and Uranium from Monazite Sand Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Estimated Manufacturing Costs for the Recovery of Thorium and Uranium from Monazite Sand
- Series Title BMI (Series)
- Series Title Battelle Memorial Institute Reports
- Added Title Battelle Memorial Institute Report BMI-244
Author: Calkins, G. D.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Filbert, R. B., Jr.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: U.S. Atomic Energy CommissionContributor Type: Organization
Originator: Battelle Memorial InstituteContributor Type: Organization
Name: Battelle Memorial InstitutePlace of Publication: Columbus, Ohio
- Creation: 1950-09-15
- Content Description: Abstract: "Costs have been estimated for the production of uranium and pure thorium from monasite concentrates by a process involving (1) reaction of monasite with caustic soda, (2) dissolution of the hydrous oxides in hydrochloric acid, (3) separation from the bulk of the rare earths by hydroxide precipitation of thorium and uranium, and (4) purification by solvent extraction."
- Physical Description:  p. : ill., tables ; 28 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Monazite -- Refining.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Uranium -- Refining.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Thorium -- Refining.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: TRAIL Microcard CollectionCode: TRAMC
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 920710872
- SuDoc Number: Y 3.AT 7:22/BMI-244
- Report No.: BMI-244
- Government Documents No.: AT-30-1-Gen-228
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc502505
- Display Note: Digitized from microopaque cards (2).