Technology Transfer to China to Address Climate Change Mitigation Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Technology Transfer to China to Address Climate Change Mitigation
Author: Takahiro UenoCreator Type: Personal
Sponsor: Resources for the FutureContributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 2009-08
- Harvested: 2014-12-18
- Physical Description: 33p.:col.ill
- Content Description: This paper analyzes whether and how transfer of climate mitigation technologies to China occurs, by studying cases of seven technologies that are at the stage of deployment or diffusion. Most of these technologies were already transferred to China in terms of both technology adoption and local production. International division of labor of manufacturing and localization policies by the Chinese government facilitated local production by China, which resulted in deep cuts in production costs. Such cost reduction, coupled with technology diffusion policies by the Chinese government, then accelerated deployment and diffusion in China and other emerging economies that import Chinese products.
- Keyword: Technology Transfer, China, Address, Climate Change, Mitigation, climate mitigation, cost reduction,emerging economies,
- Website: http://www.rff.org/RFF/Documents/RFF-IB-09-09.pdf
Name: Environmental Policy CollectionCode: ESDC
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- URL: http://www.rff.org/RFF/Documents/RFF-IB-09-09.pdf
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc501474