Evening Dress Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Evening Dress
Designer: Beene, GeoffreyCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Beene, Geoffrey (b. Haynesville, Louisiana, USA, 1927 - d. New York, New York, USA, 2004)
Donor: Thomas, HelenContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1960/1969
- No Language
- Content Description: Evening dress of yellow jacquard rayon with paisley design. Floor length; cap sleeves; collar. Center back zipper. Deep inverted pleat in front starts just below the bust. Princess seams and side slit pockets. Lined in yellow silk. Designer's label at inside back by zipper: "Geoffrey Beene" Accompanied by a detachable bow in matching fabric. Clips onto V-neck just below the collar or possibly at center front pleat below bust or in hair.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Evening Dresses (Garments)
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1960
- End Date: 1969
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 2003.002.002
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc501358