An Analysis of the Dartmouth College Case with Respect to Its Impact Upon the Evolution of Higher Education Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title An Analysis of the Dartmouth College Case with Respect to Its Impact Upon the Evolution of Higher Education
Author: Filkins, James HeasomCreator Type: Personal
Chair: Dunham, Darrell R.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Littlefield, C. L. (Cleatice Louis)Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Minor Professor
Committee Member: DuChemin, Roderic C.Contributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: McCallon, Earl L.Contributor Type: Personal
Name: North Texas State UniversityPlace of Publication: Denton, TexasAdditional Info: www.unt.edu
- Creation: 1973-12
- Content Description: The problem with which this study is concerned is that of determining the effect of the Dartmouth College case on the evolution of higher education. The purpose of the study is to investigate the impact of the Dartmouth College decision upon the evolution of higher education by (1) the investigation of the historical sequence of events leading up to the decision, (2) the study of the legal proceedings as they led to the actual decision in 1819, (3) the inspection of subsequent court decisions involving higher education which have cited the Dartmouth case as a point of reference, and (4) the organization of this information into an analysis of impact to show the probable effect upon higher education.
- Physical Description: iv, 163 leaves
- Keyword: Dartmouth college
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Dartmouth College -- History.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Universities and colleges -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- Keyword: higher education administration
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights Holder: Filkins, James Heasom
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Call Number: 379 N81d no.766
- UNT Catalog No.: b1063980
- OCLC: 1033810
- Accession or Local Control No: 1002777636-Filkins
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc501218
- Academic Department: School of Education
- Degree Discipline: Higher Education Administration
- Degree Level: Doctoral
- Degree Name: Doctor of Philosophy
- Degree Publication Type: disse
- Degree Grantor: North Texas State Teachers College