Effects of Positive Verbal Reinforcement on the Four Underlying Factors in Intrinsic Motivation Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Effects of Positive Verbal Reinforcement on the Four Underlying Factors in Intrinsic Motivation
Author: Prentice, Ray (Grant Ray)Creator Type: Personal
Chair: Richardson, Peggy A., 1938-Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major professor
Committee Member: Doyle, Eva IreneContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Minor professor
Committee Member: Goggin, Noreen L.Contributor Type: Personal
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, TexasAdditional Info: www.unt.edu
- Creation: 1993-08
- Content Description: The study examined the effects of positive verbal reinforcement on intrinsic motivation by determining differential effects over four multidimensions of Ryan's Intrinsic Motivation Inventory (IMI). Subjects (N=60) were 30 male and 30 female college students. The subjects were blocked by gender and randomly assigned to a positive verbal reinforcement group or a control group. The subjects received 10 trials on the stabilometer. The results of the study indicated that there were significant group differences for composite intrinsic motivation and for perceived competence; however, there were no significant gender differences found. Furthermore, no group differences were reported for the underlying factors of interest/enjoyment, effort, or pressure/tension.
- Physical Description: iii, 49 leaves : ill.
- Keyword: Intrinsic Motivation Inventory
- Keyword: positive verbal reinforcement
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Reinforcement (Psychology)
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Motivation (Psychology)
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Rights Holder: Prentice, Ray (Grant Ray)
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Call Number: 379 N81 no. 6949
- Accession or Local Control No: 1002778270-Prentice
- UNT Catalog No.: b1773785
- OCLC: 30994434
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc501188
- Degree Level: Master's
- Degree Grantor: University of North Texas
- Academic Department: Department of Kinesiology, Health Promotion and Recreation
- Degree Discipline: Kinesiology
- Degree Name: Master of Science
- Degree Publication Type: thesi