Central Auditory Processing in Severely Language Delayed Children: Six Case Study Presentations Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Central Auditory Processing in Severely Language Delayed Children: Six Case Study Presentations
Author: Bracken-Ward, Lana J.Creator Type: Personal
Chair: Jacquot, Willard S.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major professor
Committee Member: Larson, George W.Contributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Haynes, Jack ReadContributor Type: Personal
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, TexasAdditional Info: www.unt.edu
- Creation: 1989-12
- Content Description: Responses of six severely language delayed (SLD) children were obtained on three measures of central auditory processing and one measure of language proficiency. The results of these measures were compared to the results obtained from six normal-hearing children, matched in age and Performance IQ on the WISC-R. The 12 children were tested with the Pitch Pattern Sequence Test (PPST), the Dichotic Digit Tests (DDT), and the Pediatric Speech Intelligibility Test (PSI). Differences in the central auditory abilities as well as the history of each child were presented in .a case study format. The results of the history information demonstrated no unusual problems among these 12 subjects. Ten out of 12 subjects demonstrated abnormal results on at least one measure of the central auditory battery.
- Physical Description: vi, 145 leaves : ill.
- Keyword: severely language delayed children
- Keyword: central auditory processing
- Keyword: language proficiency
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Language disorders in children.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Auditory perception in children.
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Rights Holder: Bracken-Ward, Lana J.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Call Number: 379 N81 no. 6577
- Accession or Local Control No: 1002779119-Bracken-Ward
- UNT Catalog No.: b1451215
- OCLC: 23010752
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc501172
- Degree Level: Master's
- Degree Grantor: University of North Texas
- Academic Department: Department of Communication Disorders
- Degree Discipline: Communication Disorders
- Degree Name: Master of Science
- Degree Publication Type: thesi