Influence of Internal/External Instructions on Children's Moral Judgments Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Influence of Internal/External Instructions on Children's Moral Judgments
Author: Parker, Deborah A. (Deborah Ann)Creator Type: Personal
Chair: Garfin, DeborahContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Toledo, Jose RaphaelContributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Hayslip, BertContributor Type: Personal
Name: North Texas State UniversityPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1986-08
- Content Description: Past research, guided by Piaget's and Kohlberg's theories of moral development, has shown that young children base their moral judgments on the consequence of the story protagonist's behavior while older children base their judgments on the protagonist's intent. Three age groups of children (144 subjects) heard four stories and were placed in three conditions to investigate whether their judgments could be influenced by asking them to pay attention either to why the protagonist did what she or he did or to what happened in the story, or given no instructions. As age increased, children's recall of stories and use of a protagonist's intention as a reason behind their judgments increased. Judgment scores followed the same pattern for all ages. Results were discussed in terms of social-emotional and cognitive development.
- Physical Description: vii, 100 leaves: ill.
- Keyword: theories of moral development
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Moral development.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Child psychology.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Judgment (Ethics)
- Keyword: morality in children
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights Holder: Parker, Deborah A. (Deborah Ann)
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Call Number: 379 N81 no.6275
- UNT Catalog No.: b1365616
- OCLC: 15361304
- Accession or Local Control No: 1002775322-Parker
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc500590
- Academic Department: Department of Psychology
- Degree Discipline: Clinical Psychology
- Degree Level: Master's
- Degree Name: Master of Science
- Degree Publication Type: thesi
- Degree Grantor: North Texas State University