Malaysian Natural Rubber Industry: An Econometric Analysis on the Elasticity of Supply and Demand Approaches Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Malaysian Natural Rubber Industry: An Econometric Analysis on the Elasticity of Supply and Demand Approaches
Author: Mohd Ismail, Harun Mizam binCreator Type: Personal
Chair: Cobb, Steven L.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major professor
Committee Member: Molina, David J., 1954-Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Minor professor
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, TexasAdditional Info: www.unt.edu
- Creation: 1989-12
- Content Description: The popularity of natural rubber as an important raw material was distorted in the post-World War Two period. It received heavy competition from synthetic rubber. The main purpose of this paper is to determine and to study supply elasticity and demand elasticity of natural rubber in the case of Malaysia. The main aim of analyzing the period since 1971 is that both price and quality competitiveness of Malaysian natural rubber have drastically improved. Therefore, in order for Malaysia to maintain her position as the leading producer and exporter of natural rubber in the world, supportive policies and incentives from the government would further enhance the prospects for improvements in this industry.
- Physical Description: v, 137 leaves
- Keyword: Malaysian natural rubber
- Keyword: supply elasticity
- Keyword: demand elasticity
- Keyword: supply and demand
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Rubber industry and trade -- Malaysia.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Malaysia -- Economic policy.
- Place Name: Malaysia
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Rights Holder: Mohd Ismail, Harun Mizam bin
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Call Number: 379 N81 no. 6593
- Accession or Local Control No: 1002779082-Mohd-Ismail
- UNT Catalog No.: b1451334
- OCLC: 23018994
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc500513
- Degree Level: Master's
- Degree Grantor: University of North Texas
- Academic Department: Department of Economics
- Degree Discipline: Economic Research
- Degree Name: Master of Science
- Degree Publication Type: thesi