Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Issé
Composer: Destouches, M. (André Cardinal), 1672-1749Creator Type: Personal
Librettist: La Motte, M. de (Antoine Houdar), 1672-1731Creator Type: Personal
Name: Christophe BallardPlace of Publication: Paris
- Creation: 1697
- Digitized: 2008-05
- Content Description: 1724 score of André Cardinal Destouches' opera Issé. Destouches’s Issé premiered in 1697, just nine years after the death of Jean-Baptiste Lully. The tradition of featuring new operas at the court prior to a public premiere—common during Lully’s later years—was reinstated with this work. When Destouches revived the opera in 1708, he enlarged the original three-act work to five acts. This allowed for expanded divertissements, choruses, and more elaborate arias, which appealed to contemporary public preferences. The volume in the Virtual Rare Book Room is the five-act version.
- Physical Description: 1 score (8, 300 p.) ; fol.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Operas -- Scores.
- Other: Pastorale héroïque
- Item is a Primary Source
Name: Virtual Music Rare Book RoomCode: VRBR
Name: UNT Music LibraryCode: UNTML
- Rights Access: public
- Musical Score/Notation
- UNT Catalog No.: b1368869
- OCLC: 44820334
- RISM No.: RISM A/I, D 1832
- Call Number: M1500.D47 I8 1724
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc5
- Display Note: Full title as it appears in the t.p.: "Issé, pastorale heroïque, répresentée devant Sa Majesté à Trianon, le 17. Decembre 1697. Par l'Academie Royale de Musique."