Cocktail Dress Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Cocktail Dress
Designer: Galanos, JamesCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Galanos, James (b. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, 1924 - )
Donor: Les Femmes du MondeContributor Type: Organization
Retailer: Neiman-Marcus Co.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Neiman-Marcus Co. (est. 1907 by Herbert Marcus, Carrie Marcus-Neiman, and Al Neiman)
- Creation: 1950/1959
- No Language
- Content Description: Cocktail dress of yellow and orange silk chiffon. Fitted bodice of horizontal, loosely pleated yellow chiffon has two orange, horizontal stripes at waist and above. Double, spaghetti style shoulder straps. Inner support with boning and petersham. Skirt is composed of under layers coral pink and yellow silk and outer layers of orange and yellow chiffon, creating a full appearance. Mid-length; zip-back and hook & eye closure. Retailer's label at left side seam: "Neiman-Marcus"
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Dresses (Garments)
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1950
- End Date: 1959
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1978.008.058
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc498996