The Life History and Contributions to the Ecology of Camelobaetidius variabilis Wiersema 1998 (Ephemeroptera: Baetidae) in Honey Creek, Oklahoma Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The Life History and Contributions to the Ecology of Camelobaetidius variabilis Wiersema 1998 (Ephemeroptera: Baetidae) in Honey Creek, Oklahoma
Author: Perry, Heather A.Creator Type: Personal
Chair: Kennedy, James H.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Waller, William T.Contributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Dickson, Kenneth L.Contributor Type: Personal
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 2005-12
- Digitized: 2008-02-12
- Content Description: A study of the life history and ecology of Camelobaetidius variabilis was conducted in Honey Creek, OK from February 2003-April 2004. Nymph development was assessed using changes in external morphology. Laboratory reared nymphs were used to calculate number of degree days to complete development (772 degree days at 20.8° C ±.38° C), which was used to determine voltinism. Field collected nymph microhabitat distribution was used in assessing microhabitat distribution. Nymphal thermoregulation was assessed during the winter and spring by comparing nymphal numbers present in shaded and un-shaded habitats. Camelobaetidius variabilis nymphs showed preference for algal microhabitats during the spring and leaf packs in the winter. Nymphs inhabited leaf packs to increase metabolic rate during the winter. Increased temperatures aid in development of nymphs. Camelobaetidius variabilis exhibited a multivoltine life cycle with six overlapping generations.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Mayflies -- Oklahoma -- Honey Creek (Murray County)
- Keyword: life history
- Keyword: Camelobaetidius variabilis
- Keyword: Honey Creek
- Keyword: thermoregulation
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Holder: Perry, Heather A.
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- OCLC: 69246060
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc4944
- Degree Name: Master of Science
- Degree Level: Master's
- Degree Discipline: Biology
- Academic Department: Department of Biological Sciences
- Degree Grantor: University of North Texas