Afghanistan: U.S. Foreign Assistance Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Afghanistan: U.S. Foreign Assistance
Author: Tarnoff, CurtCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Foreign Affairs
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2010-06-25
- Content Description: The U.S. program of assistance to Afghanistan is intended to stabilize and strengthen the Afghan economic, social, political, and security environment so as to blunt popular support for extremist forces in the region. Since 2001, nearly $47 billion has been appropriated toward this effort. This report provides a "big picture" overview of the U.S. aid program and congressional action. It describes what various aid agencies report they are doing in Afghanistan. It does not address the effectiveness of their programs.
- Physical Description: 23 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign policy
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign relations -- U.S. -- Afghanistan
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign relations -- Afghanistan -- U.S.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign aid
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: American military assistance -- Afghanistan
- Place Name: Afghanistan
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: R40699
- Accession or Local Control No: R40699_2010Jun25
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc491457