Navy Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) Program: Background and Issues for Congress Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Navy Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) Program: Background and Issues for Congress
Author: O'Rourke, RonaldCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Naval Affairs
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2010-04-26
- Content Description: This report discusses the Aegis ballistic missile defense (BMD) program. Under current Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and Navy plans, the number of BMD-capable Navy Aegis ships is schedule to grow from 20 at the end of FY2010 to 38 at the end of FY2015. This report discusses the concerns some have over BMD expansion, as well as BMD funding issues.
- Physical Description: 52 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Weapons systems
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Warships
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Cruisers
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Destroyers
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Defense economics
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Defense budgets
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Navy -- U.S.
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RL33745
- Accession or Local Control No: RL33745_2010Apr26
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc491330