U.S.-Russian Civilian Nuclear Cooperation Agreement: Issues for Congress Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title U.S.-Russian Civilian Nuclear Cooperation Agreement: Issues for Congress
Author: Nikitin, Mary BethCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Analyst in Nonproliferation
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2010-07-09
- Content Description: The United States and Russia signed a civilian nuclear cooperation agreement on May 6, 2008. President Bush submitted the agreement to Congress on May 13. The agreement was withdrawn from congressional consideration by President George W. Bush on September 8, 2008, in response to Russia's military actions in Georgia. President Obama transmitted the proposed text of the agreement to Congress on May 10, 2010, along with the required Nuclear Proliferation Assessment (NPAS) and his determination that the agreement promotes U.S. national security. This report discusses key policy issues related to the agreement, including future nuclear energy cooperation with Russia, U.S.-Russian bilateral relations, nonproliferation cooperation, and Russian policies toward Iran.
- Physical Description: 15 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign policy
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign relations -- U.S. -- Russia
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign relations -- Russia -- U.S.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Defense policy
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Nuclear nonproliferation
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: International control of nuclear power
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: International affairs
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Nuclear power
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Energy
- Place Name: United States
- Place Name: Russia
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RL34655
- Accession or Local Control No: RL34655_2010Jul09
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc491304