[Gilbert Dove shaves for his wedding] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Gilbert Dove shaves for his wedding]
- Series Title Joe Clark, HBSS, 1939-1989
- Series Title Tennessee Select
- Series Title Mountain Wedding
Photographer: Clark, JoeCreator Type: Personal
- Creation: 1941-06-15
- No Language
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : negative, b&w ; 4 x 5 in.
- Content Description: Photograph of Gilbert Dove shaving in front of a mirror before his wedding to Hazel Petrey. Narrative by Junebug Clark: More images and information can be found in the July 28, 1941 issue of Life Magazine, pages 82-85 in the story “Life Magazine Goes to a Kentucky Wedding.” Also in the Joe Clark, HBSS book “Country Wedding," published in 1974. Additionally a 1982 photo of Hazel and Gilbert can be found in Joe’s Tennessee Scrapbook. All are in this Clark Family Collection.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Customs - Weddings
- Keyword: Country Wedding
- Keyword: Appalachia
- Keyword: Mirrors
- Keyword: Grooming
- Named Person: Dove, Gilbert
- Keyword: mountain wedding
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Homes
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1941-06-15
- Place Name: United States - Kentucky - Bell County - Frakes
- Historic Place Name: Germany, Kentucky
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Is Format Of: [Gilbert Dove shaves before his wedding(1)], ark:/67531/metadc499889; [Gilbert Dove shaves for his wedding(2)], ark:/67531/metadc499244
- [Gilbert Dove shaves for his wedding(2)] - ark:/67531/metadc499244
Name: Clark Family Photography CollectionCode: CFPC
Name: UNT Libraries Special CollectionsCode: UNTA
- Rights Statement: Reproduction and publication of materials in this collection are subject to the policies of the UNT Special Collections department. Copyright restrictions may apply.
- Accession or Local Control No: UNTA_AR0749-002-0018-0013
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc489125
- Display Note: 5450 (crossed out)