Serve those who served : nurses are needed in Veterans Administration hospitals. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Serve those who served : nurses are needed in Veterans Administration hospitals.
- Alternate Title Nurses are needed in Veterans Administration hospitals
- Series Title American War Posters
Artist: Douglass Crockwell, Spencer, 1904-1968.Creator Type: Personal
Author: United States. Veterans Administration.Creator Type: Organization
Name: United States. Government Printing Office.Place of Publication: [Washington D.C.]
- Creation: 1945
- Content Description: A wounded veteran sits in a wheelchair; in the background, soldiers fight in combat and a nurse tends to a wounded soldier in hospital.
- Physical Description: 1 poster : col. ; 71 x 51 cm.
- Keyword: wounded soldier
- Keyword: recruitment
- Keyword: nurses
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- United States -- Posters -- Specimens.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: War posters, American -- 1939-1945 -- Specimens.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Nurses -- Recruiting -- United States -- Posters -- Specimens.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States -- Posters -- Specimens.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States -- Posters -- Specimens.
- Keyword: veterans
- Keyword: Veterans Administration
- Keyword: V.A. hospitals
- Keyword: appeal to women
- Keyword: employment
- Item is a Primary Source
Name: World War Poster CollectionCode: WWPC
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: Database No. 182
- Government Documents No.: VA 1.16:N 93
- Call Number: Posters WW2 Douglass Crockwell 2
- OCLC: 40636978
- UNT Catalog No.: b2849414
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc487
- Display Note: Additional text below title: "Write to Medical Director, Veterans Administration, Washington 25, D.C. or U.S. Civil Service Commission, Washington 25, D.C." "U.S. Government Printing Office : 1945-O-655862" Additional poster information on verso. Listed in 1945 Monthly Catalog, p. 1117. Cataloged in UNT Libraries' shelflist card file. UNT Libraries have three copies. Copy 1: Originally sent to Joseph Lyman Kingsbury, State Historical Collection, North Texas State Teacher College, Denton Texas from the Veterans Administration, Washington 25, DC. Copy 3: Originally sent to Miss Mabel Wilkerson, No. Texas S.T.C. Dem. School, Denton, Texas from the Veterans Administration, Washington 25, DC. Copies are numbered: Historical Collection no. 1555 (DB #181) and Dewey 940.54 no.102 (DB #183).
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Vidar Latitude