Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Alceste
- Added Title Alceste von Wieland und Schweitzer
Composer: Schweitzer, Anton, 1735-1787.Creator Type: Personal
Librettist: Wieland, Christoph Martin, 1733-1813.Contributor Type: Personal
Name: [Schwickertschen Verlage]Place of Publication: [Leipzig, Germany]
- Creation: 1774
- Content Description: This is a ca. 1774 score of the opera "Alceste" by Anton Schweitzer based on a libretto by Christoph Wieland. The work premiered in Weimar in 1773. The plot was based on the Greek legend of Alcestis, on the subject of female virtue and conjugal love. The library's copy contains an engraved illustration that portrays a domestic scene. The score does not indicate the musical instruments and the music, which is notated in two, three or four staves, contains the German text underlaid with indication of the character who sings.
- Physical Description: 1 score (154 p.) : plate ; 28 x 32 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Operas -- Scores.
- Item is a Primary Source
Name: Virtual Music Rare Book RoomCode: VRBR
Name: UNT Music LibraryCode: UNTML
- Musical Score/Notation
- UNT Catalog No.: b1369793
- OCLC: 21543000
- Call Number: M1500.S47 A6
- RISM No.: RISM A/I, S 2476
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc48
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Omniscan creationAppVersion: 11 creationHardware: Zeutschel OS 10000