Virupaksha, Guardian King of the West Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Virupaksha, Guardian King of the West
Owner: Musée GuimetContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Paris, France
Name: Scholars Resource, Inc.Place of Publication: Wheat Ridge, Colorado
- Creation: [1400..1499]
- No Language
- Physical Description: 1 sculpture original : gilded copper, semi-precious stones
- Content Description: The sculpture is highly decorated with jewels of a blue-green color. An elaborate and detailed headdress and costume are included on this standing figure that holds a serpent in one hand and in the other a structure. There is detailed chasing on the clothing of the small statue.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): sculpture (visual work)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): copper (metal)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): gilding
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): semiprecious stone
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Tibetan
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): statues
Name: ARTsourceCode: UNTART
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: unt
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Holder: Scholars Resource, Inc.
- Rights Statement: Copyright 2011, Scholars Resource, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: ltc0001
- Other: Museum inventory number MA 4963
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc47462