Tarare : opéra en cinq actes avec un prologue Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Tarare : opéra en cinq actes avec un prologue
- Uniform Title Tarare
- Added Title The Tales of the Genii, or The Delightful Lessons of Horam, the Son of Asmar
Composer: Salieri, Antonio, 1750-1825Creator Type: Personal
Beaumarchais, Pierre Augustin Caron de, 1732-1799Creator Type: Personal
Name: Chez ImbaultPlace of Publication: Paris
- Creation: 1790
- Digitized: 2009-03
- Physical Description: 1 score (462 p.) ; 35 cm.
- Content Description: Antonio Salieri’s French debut Les Danaïdes (1784) led to additional commissions, Les Horaces (1786) and Tarare (1787). Although Les Horaces was not well-received, Tarare was popular both in Paris and Vienna. Beaumarchais supplied the libretto for Tarare, basing his plot on the third volume of the exotic English collection The Tales of the Genii, or The Delightful Lessons of Horam, the Son of Asmar (1764) by James Ridley, (pseudonym for Sir Charles Morell), who claimed the stories were translated from a Persian source.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Operas -- Scores.
- Other: Opéra
Name: Virtual Music Rare Book RoomCode: VRBR
Name: UNT Music LibraryCode: UNTML
- Rights Access: public
- Musical Score/Notation
- UNT Catalog No.: b1369772
- OCLC: 22395886
- RISM No.: RISM A/I, S 580
- Call Number: M1500.S265 T3 1790
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc47