Vocal Melody Book IV Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Vocal Melody Book IV
- Added Title A favourite collection of English songs sung at the Publick Gardens: with the songs in Harlequin sorcerer, and the Oracle sung by Mrs. Cibber
- Uniform Title Vocal melody. Book 4
Composer: Arne, Thomas Augustine, 1710-1778
Name: I. WalshPlace of Publication: London
- Creation: 1752
- Content Description: This collection of songs from the pantomime "Harlequin Sorcerer" and the play "The Oracle" are scored for various voice types with obbligato instruments and basso continuo (with figured bass). A "Mrs. Cibber" is credited prominently on the title page. Some songs also have alternate parts for the solo line (conflating obbligato and vocal parts) for German flute (sometimes simply designated as "Flute").
- Physical Description: 1 score (40 p.); 32 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Songs (High voice) with instrumental ensemble — Scores.
- Item is a Primary Source
Name: Virtual Music Rare Book RoomCode: VRBR
Name: UNT Music LibraryCode: UNTML
- Musical Score/Notation
- Accession or Local Control No: Songs-From-Harlequin-Sorcerer
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc463631