The Debt Limit: History and Recent Increases Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The Debt Limit: History and Recent Increases
Author: Austin, D. AndrewCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Analyst in Economic Policy
Author: Levit, Mindy R.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Analyst in Public Finance
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2013-02-07
- Content Description: This report gives an historical overview of debt limits, discusses how the total debt of the federal government can increase and how the current economic slowdown has led to higher deficits and thereby a series of debt limit increases, as well as legislation related to these increases.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Budgets
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Federal budgets
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Public debt
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Budget deficits
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Economic policy
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Business cycles
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RL31967
- Accession or Local Control No: RL31967_2013Feb07
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc463249