Publishing Scientific Papers with Potential Security Risks: Issues for Congress Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Publishing Scientific Papers with Potential Security Risks: Issues for Congress
Author: Gottron, FrankCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Science and Technology Policy
Author: Shea, Dana A.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Science and Technology Policy
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2013-03-18
- Content Description: This report describes the underlying controversy, the potential benefits and harms of publishing manuscripts with potential security risks, the actions taken by domestic and international stakeholders, and options that may improve the way research is handled to minimize security concerns.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Science policy
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: National security
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Government publications
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: R42606
- Accession or Local Control No: R42606_2013Mar18
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc462688