Palestinian Authority: U.S. Payments to Creditors as Alternative to Direct Budgetary Assistance? Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Palestinian Authority: U.S. Payments to Creditors as Alternative to Direct Budgetary Assistance?
Author: Zanotti, JimCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Middle Eastern Affairs
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2014-10-20
- Content Description: A September 24, 2014, congressional notification (CN) from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) may reflect a new executive branch approach in assisting the Palestinian Authority (PA) to pay off some of the debts it incurs in providing various benefits and services to West Bank and Gaza residents. The CN indicates that USAID plans to obligate a total of $100 million in FY2014 bilateral economic assistance for the Palestinians toward direct U.S. payments to PA creditors. This report briefly discusses the details and implications of this new alternative method.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign relations -- U.S. -- Palestinian Authority
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: International finance
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Budgets
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: IN10161
- Accession or Local Control No: IN10161_2014Oct20
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc462260