Ajanta Cave 2 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Ajanta Cave 2
Photographer: Wiedenhoeft, Ronald V.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Saskia, Ltd.
Name: Scholars Resource, Inc.Place of Publication: Wheat Ridge, Colorado
- Creation: 0375/0415~
- No Language
- Content Description: The painting on the cave wall depicts several seated half-clothed figures inside an architectural setting. In the lower right corner is another couple can be seen through a gold embellished window. In the upper right corner are more people. On the left side is an animal that resembles a horse or dog. There are many missing chips. Vidhurapandita teaches the sacred doctrine to the Naga King Varuna on the left and Queen Vimala is on the balcony discussing her marriage. Vidhurapandita and the court lady are below the balcony.
- Physical Description: 1 art original : painted volcanic rock ;
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Gupta
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Indian (South Asian)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): extrusive rock
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): igneous rock
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): cave paintings
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): rock paintings
- Place Name: India - Mahārāshtra - Ajanta
- Place Point: north=20.552123; east=75.706516;
Name: ARTsourceCode: UNTART
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: unt
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Holder: Scholars Resource, Inc.
- Rights Statement: Copyright 2011, Scholars Resource, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: kie0097
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc44396