Rajarajeshvara Temple Complex Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Rajarajeshvara Temple Complex
Photographer: Wiedenhoeft, Ronald V.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Saskia, Ltd.
Name: Scholars Resource, Inc.Place of Publication: Wheat Ridge, Colorado
- Creation: 1012/1044
- No Language
- Content Description: 1 carved complex : granite ; 30.2 m. sq.
- Physical Description: It's a detailed and layered high relief. There are many human figures both male and female of different sizes. They portray different gestures that can be seen positioned in and around carved windows. Several animals can be seen resting on the pillars, one of them is a cow in sitting posture in bottom right corner. Images are ornamented. There is a circular engraved window at the top left corner containing visible chambers.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Chola
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Post-Gupta
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Indian (South Asian)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): granite (rock)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): carving (processes)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): carvings (visual works)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): high reliefs (sculpture)
- Place Name: India - Tamil Nadu - Thanjavur
- Place Point: north=17.468488; east=78.357115;
Name: ARTsourceCode: UNTART
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: unt
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Holder: Scholars Resource, Inc.
- Rights Statement: Copyright 2011, Scholars Resource, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: kia1016
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc44305