Wanting to Be Independent: Cloth from Echigo Province Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Wanting to Be Independent: Cloth from Echigo Province
- Parallel Title Mimama ni naritai; Echigo nuno
- Series Title Auspicious Desires on Land and Sea
- Parallel Title Sankai medetai zue
Artist: Utagawa KuniyoshiCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Japanese; 1797–1861;
Artist: Utagawa Yoshitori-joCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Japanese; active 1848–1864~;
Manufacturer: Yamaguchiya Tôbei (Kinkôdô)Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Japan;
Owner: Museum of Fine ArtsContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Name: Scholars Resource, Inc.Place of Publication: Wheat Ridge, Colorado
- Creation: 1852
- Physical Description: 1 artwork original : woodblock print, ink, paper ; 36.5 x 25.5 cm.
- Content Description: Woman looking into a hand-held mirror and dabbing at her forehead is the main portion of the composition. Her kimono consists of two colors and patterns, one pale purple and the collar red. A landscape scene is behind the woman with people toting bushels of straw and others working in the water.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): nishiki-e
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): color woodcuts
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Ukiyo-e
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Utagawa School
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Edo (Japanese period)
Name: ARTsourceCode: UNTART
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: unt
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Holder: Scholars Resource, Inc.
- Rights Statement: Copyright 2011, Scholars Resource, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- Accession or Local Control No: bos02199
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc41334