Wanting to Decide Right Away: Octopus from Takasago in Harima Province Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Wanting to Decide Right Away: Octopus from Takasago in Harima Province
- Parallel Title Hayaku kimetai: Banshû Takasago tako
- Series Title Auspicious Desires on Land and Sea
- Parallel Title Sankai medetai zue
Artist: Utagawa KuniyoshiCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Japanese; 1797–1861;
Artist: Utagawa Yoshitori-joCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Japanese; active 1848–1864~;
Manufacturer: Sanoya Kihei (Sanoki, Kikakudô)Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Japan;
Owner: Museum of Fine ArtsContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Name: Scholars Resource, Inc.Place of Publication: Wheat Ridge, Colorado
- Creation: 1852
- Physical Description: 1 artwork original : woodblock print, ink, paper ; 36.2 x 25 cm.
- Content Description: A woman in a kimono sits next to a cat and reads. In a scene behind the woman, people work in and around the sea. Insets include some Japanese text.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): nishiki-e
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): color woodcuts
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Utagawa School
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Edo (Japanese period)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Ukiyo-e
Name: ARTsourceCode: UNTART
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: unt
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Holder: Scholars Resource, Inc.
- Rights Statement: Copyright 2011, Scholars Resource, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- Accession or Local Control No: bos02194
- Other: Museum inventory number 11.26005
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc41329