Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Dish
Artist: Palissy, BernardCreator Type: Personal
Collector: Victoria & Albert MuseumContributor Type: Organization
Name: Scholars Resource, Inc.Place of Publication: Wheat Ridge, Colorado
- Creation: 1600~
- No Language
- Physical Description: 1 dish : green blue, lead
- Content Description: This decorative art earthenware is a low sunk dish made of lead and Lacquer glazed. Dish is full of organic shapes. There is a snake in middle with textured body full of scales. It has a white head with black spots all over the body. Snake is coiled up in the center. It is surrounded by many green leaves of various shapes and sizes. There are many shells placed all over the dish. Shells are of different variety. At the brim of the dish there are various leaf vein textures visible.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): lacquerware
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): dishes (vessels)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): pottery (visual works)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): earthenware
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): leaves (object components)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): ceramic glaze
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: England - Greater London Metropolitan Area - London
Name: ARTsourceCode: UNTART
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: unt
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Holder: Scholars Resource, Inc.
- Rights Statement: Copyright 2011, Scholars Resource, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: bal65824
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc41261