Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Chalice
Collector: Bridgeman Art LibraryContributor Type: Organization
Name: Scholars Resource, Inc.Place of Publication: Wheat Ridge, Colorado
- Creation: 1100~
- No Language
- Physical Description: 1 chalice : quartz, enamel and gilded silver
- Content Description: This is a footed metal cup made of quartz, enamel and gilded silver. Base of the cup is made of metal with round design frames. Frames have human figures drawn inside them. The top part of the cup has a border with same design motif. There are gems embedded on the top border that are black in color. The encircled human figures are surrounded by white beads. There are rombus embedded red stones on the belt as well. There is red enamel in the middle part of the metal cup. There are circular discs on this red enameled part.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Chalices
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Ceremonial containers
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Quartz (mineral)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Enameling
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Silver gilding
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Chrome red (pigment)
- Place Name: Italy - Veneto Region - Venezia Province - Venice
Name: ARTsourceCode: UNTART
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: unt
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Holder: Scholars Resource, Inc.
- Rights Statement: Copyright 2011, Scholars Resource, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: bal53894
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc41169