Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Dress
Designer: Norell, NormanCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Norell, Norman (b. Noblesville, Indiana, USA, 1900 - d. New York, New York, USA, 1972)
Donor: Fogelson, Greer GarsonContributor Type: Personal
Retailer: I. Magnin & Co.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: I. Magnin & Co. (San Francisco, California)
- Creation: 1965
- No Language
- Content Description: Dress of navy blue wool jersey. a) Day dress of navy wool jersey. White linen detachable collar connects to neckline with snaps. Below knee length with A-line skirt. White linen 7/8" bias strip at edge of center front opening that extends 7 1/2" below waist. Thirteen 3/4" pearl buttons with gold edge and bound buttonholes; buttons separate at waistline to accommodate belt. Long sleeves with 1-3/4" slit at seam. 3" deep pleat in skirt at side front and back. Concealed slit pockets in side seams. Unlined. Designer's label on inside left seam: "Norman Norell / New York" b) Belt of 3" wide white patent leather, slightly curved, with large circular gold buckle. Not original to garment. Evidence of small cords at side seams, which Norell usually used to attach cloth belts, or thin belt-loops. This belt would not have fit. Retailer's stamp on reverse: "I Magnin / 30 Calderon 5938"
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): dresses (garments)
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1965
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
- Place Name: United States - California - San Francisco County - San Francisco
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1987.001.007
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc402521