Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Calotte
- Added Title Juliet Cap
Designer: Mye, EdnaCreator Type: Personal
Donor: Russell, Alla MaeContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1952
- No Language
- Content Description: Red velvet calotte. Hat styled as a calotte (also spelled "calot"), or modified Juliet cap, with low domed crown, straight across back edge, rounded at sides, and with scalloped edge at front. Along lower edge at sides and front is double strand of black silk(?) braided rope, with matching tassels hanging between lobes of scallops. Lined in a woven gold lamé-type material. Designer's label sewn inside: "Edna Mye / Dallas"
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1952
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1976.003.071
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc402499