New Ways: Tiltrotor Aircraft and Magnetically Levitated Vehicles Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title New Ways: Tiltrotor Aircraft and Magnetically Levitated Vehicles
Author: United States. Congress. Office of Technology Assessment.Creator Type: Organization
Name: United States. Congress. Office of Technology Assessment.Place of Publication: [Washington D.C.]
- Creation: 1991-09
- Content Description: Common issues for these systems include their possible contributions to improving mobility in congested corridors, U.S. technology leadership, the Federal role in transportation research and development, and institutional and community barriers to major, new infrastructure programs. Moreover, some Federal financing is likely to be required if commercial maglev or tiltrotor technologies are to be developed by U.S. industry over the next decade. Congress will need to clarify its objectives for supporting or encouraging these technologies before it can make wise decisions on when or whether to undertake substantial, long-term Federal programs in support of either or both of them. This report identifies several funding and management options for consideration if such goals are established.
- Physical Description: 113 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Magnetic levitation vehicles.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: High speed ground transportation -- United States.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Electromagnetic fields -- Health aspects -- United States.
- Item is not a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
Name: Office of Technology AssessmentCode: OTA
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Accession or Local Control No: 9132
- SuDoc Number: Y 3.T 22/2:2 Ai 7/5
- UNT Catalog No.: b1623761
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39997