New Developments in Biotechnology: Patenting Life Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title New Developments in Biotechnology: Patenting Life
- Series Title Special Report
Author: United States. Congress. Office of Technology Assessment.Creator Type: Organization
Name: United States. Congress. Office of Technology Assessment.Place of Publication: [Washington D.C.]
- Creation: 1989-04
- Content Description: This report reviews U.S. patent law as it relates to the patentability of micro-organisms, cells, plants, and animals; as well as specific areas of concern, including deposit requirements and international considerations. The report includes a range of options for congressional action related to the patenting of animals, intellectual property protection for plants, and enablement of patents involving biological material.
- Physical Description: 195 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Biotechnology industries -- United States.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Biotechnology Industries Technological Innovations.
- Item is not a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
Name: Office of Technology AssessmentCode: OTA
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Accession or Local Control No: 8924
- SuDoc Number: Y 3.T 22/2:2 B 52/4/
- UNT Catalog No.: b1588920
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39951