A study of Sukhi Kang's Inventio for Piano and Electronic Sound Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title A study of Sukhi Kang's Inventio for Piano and Electronic Sound
Author: Hwang, HooshikCreator Type: Personal
Chair: Wodnicki, Adam J.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Snider, JeffreyContributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Banowetz, JosephContributor Type: Personal
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 2007-08
- Digitized: 2007-12-21
- Content Description: This comprehensive study of Inventio for Piano and Electronic Sound by contemporary Korean composer Sukhi Kang focuses on how the composer transforms music with Korean traditional rhythmic elements into electronic sound, and how he combines the electronic sound with piano. The study aims to aid performers and audiences in understanding and appreciating the work. Besides providing a biography of Kang, including lists of his other compositions and significant performances and recordings, this study provides detailed information about books, articles, and academic publications by and about Kang. Interviews with the composer provide first-hand instructions for performers on how to play Inventio. All examples are from the score.
- Keyword: Sukhi Kang
- Keyword: piano
- Keyword: electronic sound
- Keyword: Inventio
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Kang, Sukhi, 1934- Inventio.
- Has Part: Recording: https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc6368/
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Holder: Hwang, Hooshik
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- OCLC: 212624805
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc3961
- Degree Name: Doctor of Musical Arts
- Degree Level: Doctoral
- Degree Discipline: Performance
- Academic Department: College of Music
- Degree Grantor: University of North Texas