Implications of Electronic Mail and Message Systems for the U.S. Postal Service Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Implications of Electronic Mail and Message Systems for the U.S. Postal Service
Author: United States. Congress. Office of Technology Assessment.Creator Type: Organization
Name: United States. Congress. Office of Technology Assessment.Place of Publication: [Washington D.C.]
- Creation: 1982-08
- Content Description: A study by the Office of Technology Assessment (OTA) that looks at how "advances in technology and increased competition in the communications marketplace will significantly affect USPS finances, service levels, and labor force requirements over the next two decades" (p. xi).
- Physical Description: xi, 113 p. ; 28 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Electronic mail messages.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Technology.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Postal service.
- Keyword: communication advances
- Keyword: communication technology
- Place Name: United States
- Coverage Date: 1982
Name: Office of Technology AssessmentCode: OTA
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39480
- Display Note: Original is missing pages 12-14, -20-22. 48-50, 58-60, 84-86, 98-100, 109-110.