Le piacevoli poesie Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Le piacevoli poesie
Author: Baretti, Giuseppe Marco Antonio, 1719-1789.Creator Type: Personal
Author of introduction, etc.: Gozzi, Gasparo, conte, 1713-1786.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: "Il Conte Gasparo Gozzi, Viniziano, a chi ha cara la sua salute"--P. 3.
Name: Filippo Antonio CampanaPlace of Publication: Turin, ItalyAdditional Info: "Nella stamperia di Filippo Antonio Campana, con licenza de' superiori"--P.160.
- Creation: 1750
- Content Description: This is a ca. 1750 copy of "Le piacevoli poesie di Giuseppe Baretti" (The Pleasing Poetry of Giuseppe Baretti). Although Baretti is primarily remembered for his frequent travels throughout Italy, England, France, and Portugal, which he recounted in his "Lettere familiari ai suoi tre fratelli," he was also a scholar, linguist, poet, translator, and journalist. He wrote "Le piacevoli poesie di Giuseppe Baretti" in 1750. The poetry imitated the style of Fancesco Berni, a 16th-century Italian poet who wrote parodies and burlesque letters-much of it obscene in nature. The introduction of this work was written by the Venetian Count Gasparo Gozzi, himself a poet, prose writer, journalist, critic, and also the brother of Baretti's friend, Carlo Gozzi. The library's copy of "Le piacevoli poesie" is bound with the following librettos: "Ifigenia in Aulide" by Vittorio Amedeo Cigna-Santi; “Catone in Utica,” by Pietro Metastasio; "Sofonisba" by Mattia Verazi; and "Arianne e Teseo" by Pietro Pariati.
- Physical Description: 160 p. ; 17 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Italian poetry -- 18th century.
- Item is a Primary Source
Name: Virtual Music Rare Book RoomCode: VRBR
Name: UNT Music LibraryCode: UNTML
- Rights Statement: VRBR - Virtual Music Rare Book Room
- OCLC: 22171884
- UNT Catalog No.: b2316832
- Call Number: ML50.2.I45 B4 1762
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39296
- Display Note: Full title as appears in the t.p.: "Le piacevoli poesie di Giuseppe Baretti, Torinese." The English translation of this title is, "The Pleasing Poetry of Giuseppe Baretti of Turin."
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Omniscan creationAppVersion: 11 creationHardware: Zeutschel OS 10000