7e. quatuor, pour deux violons, alto et violoncelle, oeuv.80 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title 7e. quatuor, pour deux violons, alto et violoncelle, oeuv.80
- Uniform Title Quartets, strings, no. 7, op. 80, D minor
Composer: Dancla, Charles, 1817-1907.Creator Type: Personal
Name: S. RichaultPlace of Publication: Paris, FranceAdditional Info: S. Richault, editeur, Boulevard Poissonnière 26 au 1er.
- Creation: 186u
- Content Description: This is a digital copy of the four parts of Charles Dancla's seventh string quartet, op.80 in D minor. Charles Dancla was the most prominent member of a family of musicians and a virtuoso violinist, composer and teacher. In 1828, he was admitted to the Paris Conservatory of Music, where he won the first prize in 1833. At the Conservatory, he studied violin with Paul Guérin and Pierre Baillot. Dancla played solo violin with the orchestra of the théâtre Royal de l'Opera Comique and with the Société des Concerts. In ca. 1860, he was appointed professor of violin at the Paris Conservatory and retired from that post in 1892. He wrote 14 string quartets intended for professional or amateur players (opp. 5, 7 ,18, 41, 48, 56, 80, 87, 101, 113, 125, 142, 160, and 195a) and three easy string quartets (op. 208).
- Physical Description: 4 parts ; 32 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: String quartets -- Parts.
- Item is a Primary Source
Name: Virtual Music Rare Book RoomCode: VRBR
Name: UNT Music LibraryCode: UNTML
- Rights Statement: VRBR - Virtual Music Rare Book Room
- Musical Score/Notation
- UNT Catalog No.: b1455099
- OCLC: 60608670
- Call Number: M452 .D2 op.80 1800z parts
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39286
- Display Note: Full title as appears in the t.p. of the first violin part: 7e. quatuor, pour deux violons, alto et violoncelle, par Charles Dancla, professeur au Conservatoire, oeuv.80. Pl. no.: 13045.R.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Omniscan creationAppVersion: 11 creationHardware: Zeutschel OS 10000