Pillbox Hat Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Pillbox Hat
- Added Title Pill Box Hat
Designer: Chanda, Michael RoyCreator Type: Personal
Retailer: Neiman-Marcus SalonContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Neiman-Marcus Co. (USA) (est. 1907 in Dallas, Texas, USA, by Herbert Marcus, Carrie Marcus-Neiman, and Al Neiman)
- Creation: 1960/1965
- No Language
- Content Description: Pillbox hat of black stiffened net and black cloth overlay. The cylindrical crown tapers to the flattened top, and is made of black cloth with applied patches of black grosgrain ribbon. The whole is overlaid with a stiff black cage netting veil, with a black grosgrain ribbon bow at back of crown. The crown is lined on inside with red lace, and edged with an inner hatband of black grosgrain ribbon. Attached to inner band are two small plastic combs to secure hat to wearer's head. Designer's label inside crown: "Designed by Michael Roy New York"; Retailer's label inside crown above designer's: "Neiman-Marcus / Salon"
- Physical Description: Measurements: 15.5 cm. diameter without veil; 5 cm. high from base to top of crown, without veil.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1960
- End Date: 1965
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 2010.011.011
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39248