Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hat
Designer: Victor, SallyCreator Type: Personal
Donor: Wetherby-Stephens, SarahContributor Type: Personal
Retailer: Titche-Goettinger Co. (Dallas, Texas)Contributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 1955
- No Language
- Content Description: Hat of black wool felt. The tall, cylindrical crown is slanted across the top, higher at front than back. The top of the crown has a flattened section with inner ridge, forming a ring of the felt inside the top. Around the sides of the crown is a very wide light brown band of grosgrain ribbon with bow and trailing ends at back of hat. The wide brim undulates, partly curving up and partly curving down. The hat is lined in black satin, and has an inner hatband of black grosgrain ribbon around the inside base of the crown. Designer's label sewn to inside of crown: "Sally Victor / New York" Retailer's label sewn to inner hatband: "Titche Goettinger Co. / Dallas"
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1955
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 2008.014.023
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39247