Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hat
Designer: Sandy of Dallas (Dallas, Texas)Creator Type: Organization
Donor: Thinnes, VirginiaContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1952
- No Language
- Content Description: Hat of natural colored braided straw. The hat is formed of a flat oval of braided straw, turned up at back, trimmed with a small bouquet of red and blue silk flowers. At the back of the hat, on the segment that is turned up, is applied a black velvet ribbon bow. Extending to either side from the center, beneath the flowers, are black velvet ribbons to tie the hat under the wearer's chin. Designer's label on underside of hat: "Sandy Dallas" Worn by Frances Virginia Parramore Thinnes in 1952 at an event in Abilene, Texas.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Straw Work
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1952
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Taylor County - Abilene
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 2004.002.011
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39244