Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hat
Donor: Pratt, JamesContributor Type: Personal
Donor: Pratt, JoanneContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1923
- No Language
- Content Description: Hat of brown straw. Based on a boater, the hat has a crown of woven brown straw, somewhat domed, and somewhat "mushroom shaped", extending out over the sides of the crown. Around the base of the crown is a band of brown and tan silk ribbon, which has been unraveled. To one side of the crown is affixed a large pink/patterned silk crepe flower. The wide brim curls slightly at edge, and is trimmed at edge with the same unraveled ribbon. The crown is partly lined in black fabric with drawstring closure at top to adjust fit. There are no labels or tags in the hat.
- Physical Description: Measurements: 34 cm. front to back; 36 cm. side to side; 12 cm. from top of crown to bottom of brim.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Straw Work
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1923
- Place Name: United States
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 2001.007.031
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39238