Picture Hat Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Picture Hat
Designer: AdolfoCreator Type: Personal
Donor: Murchison, LupeContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1960/1969
- No Language
- Content Description: Large picture hat of navy blue straw. The high, domed crown is encircled at the base by a wide band of navy blue grosgrain ribbon, and has an oversized dark blue silk flower with artificial stems and leaves set at front. The wide brim is plain, turned back on itself at the edge to form a wide band of double-thickness. When worn, the brim hangs down forming conical shape, but when laid down, brim flattens. Hat is unlined, with an inner hatband of dark blue grosgrain ribbon around inside lower edge of crown. Designer's label sewn to inner band: "Adolfo / New York".
- Physical Description: Measurements: 67cm. diameter at brim; 13 cm. from base to top of crown.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Straw Work
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1960
- End Date: 1969
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1997.005.004
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39236