Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Beret
Retailer: Volk Brothers (Dallas, Texas)Contributor Type: Organization
Donor: Hudson, SarahContributor Type: Personal
Manufacturer: United Hatters Cap and Millinery Workers International UnionContributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 1940/1945
- No Language
- Content Description: Beret of dark brown velvet. The soft, full crown is constructed of several pieces, all gathered into brown satin hatband. Hat is lined in cream silk(?) and has inner brown grosgrain ribbon hatband. Retailer's label sewn to inner hatband: "Volk / Dallas". Label of United Hatters, Cap, and Millinery Workers International Union sewn into lining.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1940
- End Date: 1945
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1990.003.012
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39234