Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hat
Manufacturer: Alfreda Hats (New York, New York)Creator Type: Organization
Retailer: Walker-Marr (Dallas, Texas)Contributor Type: Organization
Former owner: Corrigan, Mrs. Leo F.Contributor Type: Personal
Donor: Jordan, Mrs. Edwin B.Contributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1955
- No Language
- Content Description: Hat of beige straw. The low, slightly domed crown is of woven medium beige straw. Around the crown is wrapped a wide horizontally pleated/ruched band of cream organza, secured at one side with a large "pin" wrapped in yellow material. From the pin hang two circular metal charms, each with rhinestone border and each with a relief depicting a woman in wide, standing, lace collar. The moderate width brim is of the same woven straw, set slightly off-center so that there is more brim at front and sides than at back. The brim is turned up on all sides. The hat is unlined, with an inner hatband of golden yellow velvet inside the base of the crown. Manufacturer's label sewn to inner hatband: "Paris / Alfreda / Inc. / New York"; Retailer's label sewn to inner hatband: "Walker-Marr / Dallas" This hat belonged to Mrs. Leo F. Corrigan, the mother of Mrs. Edwin B. Jordan, the donor of this piece.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Straw Work
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1955
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1988.005.007
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39233