Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hat
Manufacturer: Ere Nouvelle (New York, New York)Creator Type: Organization
Retailer: Walker-Marr (Dallas, Texas)Contributor Type: Organization
Former owner: Corrigan, Mrs. Leo F.Contributor Type: Personal
Donor: Jordan, Mrs. Edwin B.Contributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1955
- No Language
- Content Description: Hat of green straw. The domed crown is of woven dark green straw, using primarily wide bands of straw but with occasional bands made of linked narrow strips threaded with thin golden ribbon. The narrow brim is of matching straw, and turns up steeply. Applied to back is a small dark green velvet bow. The hat is lined in a dark green fine mesh fabric, and has an inner hatband of green velveteen(?) ribbon around the inside lower edge of the crown. Maker's label sewn to inner hatband: "Ere Nouvelle / New York / Reg. U.S. Pat. Off." Retailer's label sewn to inner hatband: "Walker-Marr / Dallas" Partly obscured Union(?) label sewn to inner hatband: "...w York / .... reation / ..... 22".
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Straw Work
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1955
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1988.005.004
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39232